SELIGMAN, Edward J.

In Memorial

EDWARD J. SELIGMAN. Age 70. Beloved husband of Ellie (nee Kucinski). Dear father of David and Russell. Best Papa in the world to Madi and Paytin. Loving son of the late Edward J. and Sophie. Dear brother of Randy (deceased) and Vicki Klonowski (Scott). Beloved uncle and friend to many.

VISITATION WED. 12/2 FROM 10AM-12PM AT ZABOR FUNERAL HOME FOLLOWED BY FUNERAL MASS AT 1230PM AT ST. CHARLES BORROMEO. To offer condolences visit www.ZaborFH.com.

Print Obituary & Condolences Print Obituary & Condolences

Offer Condolence for the family of SELIGMAN, Edward J.

Messages of Condolence

1. Steven Pryatel on November 30th, 2020 3:27 pm

Ellie and Vicki: I am truly saddened by Ed’s passing. He was a cherished friend and I will miss him greatly. He always knew what to say to make a situation better and I will miss his guidance and advice which he was quick to offer. I will never forget our dealings at MTD and the many Indians games we shared together. The family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Steve Pryatel

2. Bridget Barrett on November 30th, 2020 4:31 pm

My sincere condolences to Ed’s family. He leadership at Winton Place will be missed. Ed and his family are in my prayers.

Bridget Barrett

3. George D. Roscoe on November 30th, 2020 5:37 pm

I’ve known Ed since he became manager of Winton Place fifteen years ago. He handled the demanding duties of this building very well and was a good friend. I am sorry that he left us so soon.

4. Patrick Whitaker on November 30th, 2020 6:31 pm

Dear Seligman Family,
    Please accept my most sincere condolences on Edward’s untimely passing.
    My family has lived at The Winton Place for quite awhile and Ed was always a tremendous, guiding, helpful figure .
    He will surely be missed !
    “Do not cry because it is over …. Smile, because it happened !”
    – Dr.Suesss

5. Drem Dagmar Braun-Celeste on November 30th, 2020 6:50 pm

It was with sadness that we heard of Ed’s passing.
    Let me share with his family and friends how much many of us respected the work he did here at the Winton Place.
    He was a hard worker , hands on administrator , willing to do what had to be done…… from mopping floors after a pipe burst in our storage place to negotiating with crafts people to get value for us all.
    He was demanding but generous , impatient with fools but appreciative of well intentioned feedback.
    I will miss him and believe whoever follows him will only succeed by studying how this good man did what he did so well .
    The Winton Place is a better place because Ed cared for it deeply,

6. John Rainone on December 1st, 2020 7:47 am

Ellie,

I was very saddened when I got the call from Doug yesterday and saw the obituary this morning. while Eddie and I have not seen much of each other the last couple of years, he was a good friend and I will definitely miss his “Oh NO” on the golf course. My sincerest sympathies and you will all be in our thoughts and prayers.

7. Cindy O'Brien on December 1st, 2020 9:26 am

We are so sorry for your loss. We are sending our deepest sympathy to all Ed’s family.. Much love and you will be in our prayers. God less you and angels in your shoulders!
    Cindy and family

8. Judi Spilker Carmody on December 1st, 2020 6:39 pm

Ellie, I am so sorry to hear of Ed’s passing. Although we have lost touch, you all are in my prayers.

9. Rip and Charlotte Noble on December 1st, 2020 7:18 pm

Ed’s passing was a shock. We have been WInton Place residents nearly thirty years. Ed was a skilled, kind, devoted leader of our community. He was honest, caring, hardworking for the benefit of us all. Our hearts break for you, his family. The memory of his integrity and devotion will live on. Our prayers are with his loved ones at this sad time.

10. The Daray Family on December 1st, 2020 9:27 pm

Ed was one of the very first persons we meet when considering moving into the Winton Place over a decade ago. He was instrumental in us deciding to move here. He was always very attentive as a building manager and worked hard each day for every person here. He helped guide the building through multiple projects yet would jump in to do what was needed to be done. He had no ego when it came to getting the work done. He is a big reason this building had been such a great place to live for so long. And all the while he was very nice to us personally with every interaction.

11. Darlene Larkman on December 2nd, 2020 8:39 am

Dear Seligman and Klonowski Family:

Hal and I are so very sorry for your loss. We are sending prayers to you all. God bless and love always.

Dar

12. Mike Cullen on December 2nd, 2020 12:50 pm

Ellie, David and Russ,
    I send my sincere condolences for your loss.
    I first met Ed in Chicago when I was interviewing with MTD. Ed told me about the company and offered advice that day and continued to be a trusted co-worker through many years of working together.
    My thoughts and prayers are with Ed and each of you.
    Sincerely,
    Mike Cullen

13. Janel Smith on December 3rd, 2020 10:36 am

I worked with Ed at MTD many years ago. I was saddened to hear of his passing. I pray for strength and comfort for the family. May memories of him bring you comfort. Many prayers going up, during this difficult loss.

14. Bobby Randall on December 3rd, 2020 11:35 am

Ellie, Ed was truly one the good guys! He and I worked together many years at MTD and he helped me thru a lot of trying times. He not only was friend at work but also a family friend. He became close to both Judy and I but also my son Trace. They shared a special bond that included the Indians and the Browns. You and your family will be in our prayers.

15. Barbara Schwartz on December 8th, 2020 1:04 am

To Ed’s family ~ Losing Ed so suddenly was a great shock for everyone at Winton Place. Having lived here for 40 years I can say how important he was to this being such a good place to call home. He was always patient, kind and helpful. We will miss him, as I know you will.
    With my deepest sympathies, Barbara Schwartz

16. Harry Greenfield on March 19th, 2021 2:29 pm

Please accept my condolences for your loss. I met Ed over 10 years ago on a matter I was handling. We immediately became friends. I haven’t talked to him for sometime, but was recently thinking about him. I was talking to the manager of the Carlisle and mentioned that a friend of mine managed Winton Place. He told me today that Ed had died. I’m sorry I did not know of this earlier, but I wanted to add my condolences and tell you what high regard I held Ed. He was a wonderful man and he will be missed by all who knew him.

Please share your thoughts ...